Student Resource Analyst/Part-Time
Department:: Student Services
Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: Aug 8, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The Student Resource Analyst (SRA) provides support for the DCC CARES initiative and reports directly to the Student Resource Navigator (SRN). The SRA is a key staff position with responsibility in assisting with the determination of student eligibility for the College's emergency assistance programs and other public benefits provided by both government and nonprofit community based partners. Once the needs have been assessed by the SRN, the SRA will assist with the various application processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assists with follow through of application completion for the SUNY Student Emergency Fund (SEF), Dyson Student Assistance Fund, Dining Dollars, Follett book funds, Student Government Association (SGA) Students for Students funding, Student Financial Services' Short-Term Loan, as well as external assistance programs such as SNAP, HEAP, etc;
- Ensures that appropriate financial aid and student account information is complete and up to date, including package review, bill payment information and the student's status regarding academic standing;
- Assists in the completion of applications, specifically the financial components needed for eligibility determination subsequent to a formal meeting with the Student Resource Navigator;
- Assists with the application verification process ensuring the accuracy of data on the intake forms and making corrections as needed prior to the evaluation by the SEF Advisory Committee;
- Data management which includes collecting, inputting, and tracking data from student interactions. Develops and runs reports necessary for internal and external stakeholders;
- Acts as a liaison with the Business Office to facilitate prompt and efficient fund allocation and payments;
- Assists with FAFSA completion and financial literacy initiatives for new and continuing students;
- Provides preliminary analysis to SRN on trends of utilization of student emergency funds and other resources;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Comprehensive attention to detail;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Broad understanding regarding the needs and challenges of community college students;
- Proficiency in leveraging technology for efficient business practices and data analytics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field;
- Bilingual - Spanish is highly desired;
- Community college work experience preferred;
- Desire to work in a diverse community with various student needs.