SFS Data Administrator
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
The Chronicle of Higher Education consistently recognizes us as a "Great College to Work For" with high scores in compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; respect and appreciation, and more.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of SFS Data Administrator.
The SFS Data Administrator installs, maintains and troubleshoots a variety of computer hardware and software programs. The SFS Data Administrator serves as the SFS department liaison with all data systems in addressing issues involving department technical procedures. The SFS Data Administrator is responsible for PowerFAIDS, FNIS, Jenzabar, ImageNow, COD and other third party systems.
The SFS Data Administrator engages Accounts Receivable and Financial Aid team to determine document management relationships required to maintain an effective document management process. The SFS Data Administrator coordinates Perceptive Content Training Sessions for SFS Teams.
Provide detailed analyses, develop and implement technical solutions, create and maintain documentation, review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs in the Office of Student Financial Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors ISIR, correction ISIR data, and export ISIR corrections from the federal data system for federal programs.
- Manages data import/export from the federal data system for federal programs.
- Assist the Director of Systems in SFS for data exchange system with PowerFaids, Jenzabar, FNIS, ImageNow, COD and other third-party systems.
- Transfer of Admissions data to our PowerFaids system.
- Transfer of data fields from Registrar Module to our PowerFaids system.
- COD System: Pell, Direct Loan and TEACH origination, disbursement and reconciliation process.
- Disbursement of aid from PF onto Jenzabar Accounts Receivable system.
- Conduct yearly review of PowerFAIDS letters and maintain content.
- Assist the Director of Systems in SFS in Parm Roll, including review and maintain packaging formulas, algorithms and NetPartner configuration
- Follows an established financial aid and accounts receivable electronic processing schedule.
- Assist in maintaining microcomputer hardware configuration information, related software, and hardware compatibility issues.
- Maintains a file system on the network for SFS programs and reports.
- Supports and follows the department software/networking guidelines and trains departmental users.
- Assist in installing upgrades, tests and maintain the departmental software and hardware upgrades and maintenance.
- Assist in managing software copyright compliance, version control and related issues.
- Develops queries and produces reports on data as requested.
- Performs related duties as requested by the Director of SFS.
- Serves as back up to SFS work-study Data/Scanning Processor performing all the essential duties and responsibilities of that position: Scanning documents, files, and linking workflow.
- Serves as a point of contact to SFS personnel and external entities for document location within the Lynn management system.
- Acts as a point of contact for SFS personnel inquiries concerning the use of the document management system.
- Scans the source document into the Lynn University's document management system.
- Re-analyze indexed documents for additional indexing requirements as needed.
- Conducts training for SFS personnel on use of the document management system.
- Researches and prepares reports and statistical analysis in support of the Financial Aid and Student Accounts offices using SQL Server Reports Services
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and Institutional policies and regulations by developing, implementing and evaluating policies and procedures for need analysis, packaging, and the overall delivery process.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Microsoft certification.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, technical and follow through skills.
- Knowledge of electronic processing programs used by Accounts Receivable and Financial Aid departments: PowerFaids, Jenzabar, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, and outlook.
- Knowledge in basic SQL functions.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling+1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.