Post- or Pre-Doctoral Chinese Language Fellow — Languages and Cultures (One-Year Position)
Post- or Pre-Doctoral Chinese Language Fellow — Languages and Cultures (One-Year Position)August 06, 2019Description
Earlham College invites applications for a Post- or Pre-Doctoral Chinese Language Fellow, a one-year position in the Languages and Cultures Department at two-thirds time, beginning in August 2019. Compensation includes a benefit package.
The Fellow will teach in both the Fall and Spring Semester and will work to design and coordinate program-related extracurricular activities. Candidates must have experience teaching Chinese at the elementary and intermediate levels.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach Chinese Language courses.
- Design and lead Chinese Language associated extracurricular activities.
- Enhance knowledge of Chinese Language with students and faculty across campus.
- ABD in pedagogy of Chinese as a second language or other related fields.
- Experience teaching Chinese at the elementary and intermediate levels.
- Experience in administration of Chinese Language programs and activities.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to:
Kari Kalve, Ph.D.
Professor of English
Email: [email protected]
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.