Business Systems Analyst
Full TimeBergen Community CollegePosted 2 weeks ago
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) at Bergen Community College (BCC) will work as part of a team that automates BCC’s business processes and administers functional applications. This position will utilize strong technical competencies and functional business expertise to identify, evaluate and develop processes that meet business user requirements. To do this successfully the BSA will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business needs; and develop automated solutions. This position requires in-depth analysis of variable factors and the development of creative and cost effective solutions that integrate across platforms. An ability to understand complex business process issues and communicate technical solutions to faculty, staff, and management, is essential for success in this role. This role requires demonstrated expertise in design, development, application integration and business process analysis.
The BSA will work as part of a team that is tasked to:
- Develop/build solutions to business processes based on an understanding of business needs using an enterprise e-forms & workflow solution.
- Ensure the forms design use consistent themes and their interface is functional and user-friendly.
- Develop integrations needed for flow of data between various enterprise systems.
- Provide configuration support for functional systems such HRIS, Donor Tracking etc.
- Ensure that all forms are ADA compliant.
- Develop reports for end users.
- Produce and maintain project schedules, meeting minutes and action plans.
- Research emerging technologies that could provide potential value-add to current or planned tools and processes.
- Provide training to the user community.
- Provide Level 2 Support to end users.
- Develop metrics that provide data for process measurement.
- Understand and monitor the product roadmap to stay ahead of emerging trends that will challenge existing processes or tools.
- Performs special projects, tasks and other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in application development; forms design/development, workflow development; business process analysis with a track record of measurable business results.
- 2+ years of experience with an enterprise content services tool. Preferred experience with an enterprise forms and workflow tool.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs including best practices in its design with XML and JSON. Knowledge of industry proven Web service interaction patterns.
- Strong relational database knowledge/experience (e.g. SQL database) is desirable. Experience in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL programs, procedures, functions and packages is desirable.
- Good oral and written communication skills; including process documentation.
- Strong communications skills to effectively communicate at different levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Ability to adapt and handle frequent changes to processes and requirements.
- Good team player with Result orientation.
Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field and/or equivalent work experience
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code IT-Sys Analyst), curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by August 28, 2019. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected]
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]