Microbiology Adjunct Instructor
Microbiology Adjunct InstructorEmployee Group:
Science and MathematicsStatus:
Part-time instructor, teach days and/or evenings FA, WI, SP, or SSPosition Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative microbiology adjunct instructors who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach microbiology courses in traditional classroom and/or blended/hybrid settings as needed in the Science and Mathematics Division at Delta College.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Master’s degree in biology with relevant coursework OR master’s degree in related field with at least 18 hours of successful graduate level biology coursework that includes relevant microbiology coursework
- Ability to teach on a Delta campus
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Recent experience in teaching biology in an active learning environment
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.
- Course assignment is dependent on the applicant’s qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
- If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Science and Mathematics Division.