Intermediate Math Adjunct Instructor
Intermediate Math Adjunct InstructorEmployee Group:
Science and MathematicsStatus:
Teach days and/or evenings: FA, WI, SP or SSPosition Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative adjunct mathematics instructors who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting as effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors will be assigned to teach developmental level math courses in traditional classroom settings, computer-mediated classrooms, or online as needed in the Science and Mathematics Division at Delta College.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Master’s degree in mathematics or statistics, OR Master’s degree in a related field with at least 18 hours of successful graduate level mathematics or statistics coursework
- Ability to teach on a Delta campus
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Recent experience in teaching math in an active learning environment
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.
- Course assignment is dependent on the applicant’s qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
- If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Science and Mathematics Division.