Lifelong Wellness Adjunct Instructor – Sports Officiating
Lifelong Wellness Adjunct Instructor – Sports OfficiatingEmployee Group:
Lifelong WellnessPosition Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
The faculty member will be responsible for teaching the Sports Officiating Course (LWT 235) at the College.
The instructor should be able to:
- Demonstrate general knowledge of the art of sports officiating
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role officials play in sports
- Demonstrate knowledge of rules and requirements for officiating various sports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the responsibility of professionalism in sports officiating.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethics and legal liability in reference to sports officiating.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human relations in officiating sports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or equivalent
- MHSAA Registered Official
- At least FIVE years’ experience with officiating the following sports: Basketball, Football and Baseball
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Experience in these additional sports preferred but not mandatory: Soccer, Lacrosse, Hockey
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.