Water Environment Technology Adjunct Instructor
Water Environment Technology Adjunct InstructorEmployee Group:
Science Technical ProgramsStatus:
Part-time WET InstructorPosition Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
Instructor should be able to deliver course content in a classroom setting and provide appropriate support to students.
- Develop daily lesson plans in order to meet course outcomes and objectives, including instructional aids for future Delta College use.
- Ability to teach using a variety of formats including the use of technology as a learning tool.
- Proficiency in MS Office, the Internet, and learning management system software.
For all WET courses
- Use of email, internet-based resources and common office software.
- Understanding the community college student.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Understanding Delta’s Mission/Vision/Values
For all WET courses, except WET 244 and WET 246
- Associate in Applied Science in WET or equivalent field and 5 years of experience with an F2 or B license or higher.
For WET 244 courses
- Five years of supervisory mechanical maintenance experience or equivalent.
For WET 246 course
- Journeyman Electrician or Electrical Engineer with five years of experience or equivalent.
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or education
- Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Online application
- Cover letter
- Copies of Transcripts (Official transcripts required upon hire)
- Related certifications/licenses