Philosophy Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Faculty for Fall/Winter SemestersPosition Summary Information Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative adjunct instructors for the Arts and Letters Division who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and general courses in traditional classroom and/or blended/hybrid settings as needed in the Arts and Letters Division at Delta College.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach one to three Philosophy courses per semester, up to 12 credit hours.
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in associate degree level teaching for student success.
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Philosophy from an accredited institution of higher education by time of hire; area of specialization should be in applied or professional ethics
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCES CONSIDERED:
- College teaching experience at the introductory level
- Experience with dual enrolled students
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and professional certifications or licenses.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * In order to track our recruitment sources, please indicate how you became aware of the position vacancy?
- Bay City, Saginaw or Midland Newspapers
- Chronicle of Higher Education website
- Delta website
- Flint Journal
- HERC website
- Higher Ed Jobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed
- Delta College Career Services
- Diversity Employers
- MFAD (The Minority Faculty/Staff Applicant Database)
- TAP (Talent Acquisition Portal)
- If you selected "Other" above, please tell us where you heard about this posting.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Professional Certifications or Licensures