Health Science Basic Medical Emergencies Adjunct Instructor
Health Science Basic Medical Emergencies Adjunct InstructorEmployee Group:
Business & Information TechnologyStatus:
Part-Time InstructorPosition Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative health science adjunct instructors who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and /or general courses in traditional classroom settings and/or blended/hybrid classrooms as needed in the Business and Technology Division at Delta College.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Ability to teach non-science majors that are mathematically under-prepared
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Bachelor Degree in Health Sciences or related field.
- Minimum of two years full-time work experience (or equivalent) in related field.
- Instructor Certified CPR and First Aid Instructor through American Heart Association.
Additional Experiences Considered:
- One year of college level teaching.
- Experience in health or exercise science fields.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a variety of situations.
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note: In order to receive full consideration, a resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts must be attached.