Phlebotomy Technician - Adjunct Instructor/ Program Coordinator
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions
Are you interested in positively impacting students’ lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative phlebotomy adjunct instructors who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning.
The program coordinator is a medical laboratory professional responsible for the organization, administration, instruction, evaluation, continuous quality improvement, curriculum planning and development, and general effectiveness of the program.
Other Duties and Responsibilities Are as Follows:
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining accreditation approval of the program.
- Direct other program faculty/staff.
- Participate in the budget preparation process.
- Engage in a minimum of 36 hours of documented continuing professional development every 3 years.
- Have regular and consistent contact with students, faculty, and program personnel.
- Teach assigned classroom courses.
- Develop and update syllabi for courses assigned and ensure course content and requirements meet the requirement of the college and accreditation agencies.
- Attend and facilitate student orientations for incoming students.
- Maintain and report appropriate classroom records, including student attendance and grades.
- Hold appropriate office hours for meeting with and assisting students.
- Maintain contact with the students of the program upon completion to gather and maintain job placement information.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures and compliance guidelines of the college.
- Conduct onsite visits to students at clinical sites.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and vision of Delta College.
- Support and assess student learning and academic achievement to ensure student success.
- Develop appropriate innovation in teaching and learning to meet differing learning styles and needs.
- Collaborate voluntarily and energetically with colleagues in the academic discipline and with other faculty colleagues to develop effective learning experiences for a diverse student body.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- Serve the community through outreach activities.
- Make effective and innovative use of appropriate technology in the performance of the listed responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Commit to ongoing educational and professional growth.
- Engage fully in course, discipline, and program development.
- Attend and participate in discipline meetings.
- Possess minimum technology skills and understanding of a course management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree.
- ASCP‐BOC or ASCPi-BOC certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist / Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technician, or Phlebotomy Technician.
- Experience in phlebotomy education.
- Knowledge of educational methods and administration as well as current approval and certification procedures.
- 2 years full-time (or equivalent) work experience in related occupational field.
Additional Experiences Considered
- Master Degree
Position will remain open until filled. The College reserves the right to close the recruitment process once a sufficient applicant pool has been identified.Special Instructions to Applicants
Special Instructions to ApplicantsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- In order to track our recruitment sources, please indicate how you became aware of the position vacancy?
- Bay City, Saginaw or Midland Newspapers
- Chronicle of Higher Education website
- Delta website
- Flint Journal
- HERC website
- Higher Ed Jobs.com
- Inside Higher Ed
- Delta College Career Services
- Diversity Employers
- MFAD (The Minority Faculty/Staff Applicant Database)
- TAP (Talent Acquisition Portal)
- If you selected "Other" above, please tell us where you heard about this posting.
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you available to teach varying days and times that may change between semesters?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Professional Certifications or Licensures