Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-07
The Receptionist welcomes all visitors to the Darden School offices of Admission, Career Development and Financial Aid. This includes key constituents of the School such as alumni, recruiters, current students, and prospective applicants. This person also provides high level administrative support to the Admissions Team and must have excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and technical skills.
- Greets all visitors and advises them appropriately about next steps
- Responds to routine visitor questions and troubleshoots any problems
- Supports Admissions and Career Development teams during busy recruiting periods
Administrative Support for Admissions
- Answers admissions phone lines
- Prepares forms, reports, e-mail and general correspondence
- Coordinate event registration and preparation for admissions committee
- Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheets
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of relevant experience. Front-line customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and technical skills required.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Must have the ability to prioritize a high-volume workload and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Flexible work schedule; may be required to help with after-hours events.
- Must have excellent office support skills with the initiative and flexibility to take on new projects and learn new software applications as required.
- Good judgment and first-class professionalism in dealing with a range of high-profile internal and external constituencies is critical.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as web applications
- Willingness to adapt to new technologies is required
Position Compensation: $20.00 hourly
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Tiffany Monroe, Recruiter, at 434-924-4469 or [email protected]
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029. To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current Resume, Cover Letter and the Contact information for 3 references. Search on requisition number: R0009106. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. (FSAKA)The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.