Administrative Coordinator, Executive Degree Programs (Rosslyn, Virginia) (Wage)
Job location: Remote - District of Columbia
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-09-30
***This position is located in Rosslyn, Virginia***
The Darden School of Business has an exciting opportunity for an administrative professional to join its Executive degree programs team.
The Administrative and Program Coordinator, Executive Degree Programs, is a member of the professional staff responsible for supporting logistical and operational delivery of the Rosslyn, Virginia program offerings. Reporting to the Director of Executive Degree Programs, this positions coordinates aspects of programming that support the implementation and enrichment of the academic experience for the students and strengthens Darden’s presence in the DC area.
This is a part-time position, expected to be 25-30 hours per week. It routinely requires weekend and/or evening work 2-3 times a month.
- Weekend Residency Support 50%: Attends residencies and works closely with the executive degree program teams to support logistics for residencies in Rosslyn, VA (held on weekends 2-3 times a month). Executive MBA residencies are held all day Friday – Sunday while the MSBA residencies are held Saturday – Sunday.
- Weekday Office Support 50%: Provides administrative support to executive degree programming, supporting individual course activities, both online and in-person. Stationed at front desk when appropriate to greet guests and field questions.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of relevant experience. Front-line customer service experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and technical skills required.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Must have the ability to prioritize a high-volume workload and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Flexible work schedule; may be required to help with after-hours events.
- Must have excellent office support skills with the initiative and flexibility to take on new projects and learn new software applications as required.
- Good judgment and first-class professionalism in dealing with a range of high-profile internal and external constituencies is critical.
- Willingness to adapt to new technologies is required.
Compensation range: $20.00 - $26.00 hourly
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Tiffany Monroe, Recruiter at 434-924-4469.
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current Resume, Cover Letter and the Contact information for 3 references. Search on requisition number: R0009107. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. (FSAKA)
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.