Postdoctoral Associate (Neuropsychological Research)
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-07
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
About This Position
The Department of Neurology at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, has an exciting career for a Postdoctoral Associate. The Postdoctoral Associate performs scientific research and studies under the supervision of managing staff. Moreover, the Postdoctoral Associate promotes institutional recognition through literal contributions to the scientific community.
The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform neuropsychological testing of neurology and psychiatry patients and clinical research. Compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Perform neuropsychological testing of neurology and psychiatry patients and clinical research.
- Participate in clinical research projects will be encouraged to develop an independent project and be involved in grant writing.
- Participate in clinical research projects for dementia (AD, FTD) and mild cognitive impairment.
- Perform research in closed head injury, cerebral vascular disease, traumatic brain injury, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, hydrocephalus, epilepsy, and stroke.
- Compile, analyze, document and draw tentative conclusions from experimental results.
- Trainees will participate in neuropsychology rounds, case conferences and neurology and psychiatry grand rounds and will also be involved in training of undergraduate and graduate level neuropsychology students.
Ph.D. in a relevant field of study or M.D. Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r5