Data Analyst/Report Writer
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for a Data Analyst/Report Writer who will be involved in the development and use of SQL queries and scripts, ad hoc reporting, analysis of data quality, and data manipulation to provide information for the University Advancement Department and philanthropic efforts of the University.
The position will develop and use customized reports from relational databases to extract and collect data using data systems and tools including SQL, Informer, Ellucian-Colleague Advancement, and WebAdvisor. The generated reporting and analysis provides support for institutional and departmental strategic planning, donor portfolio files, and data comparison including critical biographic and personal data relevant to constituent records; therefore, the successful candidate will possess a high level of confidentiality, initiative, and self-motivation.
The successful candidate will understand the impact philanthropy work has on the ability of the University to achieve its mission and attainment of its strategic goals.
- Develops, queries, cleans, and analyzes datasets from internal and external data sources to be used in various data/report requests
- Identifies data sources, definitions, and timelines appropriate for analysis
- Works closely with advancement philanthropic data sources for coordination and monitoring of donors and friends of the University
- Collects, maintains, and prepares standard and ad hoc data reports for the Advancement team and President’s Office
- Effectively organizes, summarizes, and communicates data results in tables, charts, and other documents
- Assists with oversight of data management for Advancement Information System (Ellucian-Colleague Advancement), verifies data input, and corrects errors as identified
- Serves as lead support person to Manager of Information Systems for Advancement for writing and running reports, templates, queries and testing, and assists with required system updates or potential system platform upgrade
- Associate degree in in Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree
- Two to three year’s work experience in data-reporting or data-analysis role, or related experience involving data collection analysis, interpretation, and presentation of quantified data
- Demonstrated experience in writing SQL code/queries or other database query language
- Experience in creation and use of relational database systems
- Proficiency with commonly-used desktop software: Windows 10, Microsoft products (Office, Word, Excel) to analyze and interpret data
- Demonstrated ability to design, architect, and implement complicated technical report writing services and data management solutions
- Proficiency with common Web browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome
- Demonstrated critical thinking, time management, and ability to troubleshoot complex reports and analytical issues with data
- Must be able to multitask and manage several projects that may be ongoing during the same time
- Must demonstrate good organizational writing and proofreading skills; be detail oriented, adaptable, and flexible; and work in an environment with multiple interruptions
- Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills. Experience with technical documentation is a plus
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Preference will be given for:
- Knowledge of practices and processes of higher education or institutional advancement reporting
- Experience with Informer, Ellucian-Colleague Advancement, or other relational database systems used in Advancement
- Significant proficiency with other data analytic or report writing software
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please upload a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu