- Understand a scientifically diverse portfolio of IP assets and create marketing materials for various technologies (patents, patent applications, copyrights, research tools, know-how) and unique research-focused capabilities at Einstein/Montefiore.
- Identify potential commercialization/licensing partners and business contacts relevant to each technology asset; develop and effectively execute marketing strategy
- Review Einstein/Montefiore inventions and provide commercial strengths and weaknesses of each, focusing on unique value proposition
- Organize and promote internal seminars series, including curating content curriculum and organizing various speakers/experts to present to community.
- Improve Office website and social media presence by working with Department of Communications and Public Affairs.
- Assist in establishing external advisory committee and keeping committee participants engaged, as needed.
- Re-implement and manage the intern program with focus on marketing and business development activities.
- Review and report annual office metrics to the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) and other metric surveys as they arise
- Organize Office contact records relevant to categories of interest.
- Bachelors (life science) with 5+ years’ commensurate marketing experience in a life science-related field as a minimum.
- Masters (life science) strongly preferred and 3+ years’ experience working in a marketing function within a pharmaceutical, biotech, life sciences investment or consulting firm, or academic research/healthcare organization.
- Proficient in marketing: strategy, content creation – hardcopy and online – variety of channels, website management/design.
- Successful track record in project planning, coordination and execution.
- Long-term relationship management experience preferred.
- Mentoring experience working with subordinates/interns preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate (written and verbal) in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task/manage a large portfolio marketing content and activities.
- Ability to understand early-stage science in terms of basic science, potential markets and applications.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to manage long-term relationships with external business partners and faculty-inventors, and make strategic connections to facilitate marketing opportunities.
- Demonstrated success in improving marketing operation efficiencies.
- Excellent attention to detail and time/deadlines.
- Microsoft Office Suite required; basic design tools preferred.
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.