Diversity Recruitment Specialist
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
The Diversity Recruitment Manager & Talent Acquisition Representative will provide primary support to all departments and search committees in developing recruitment networks and sourcing strategies to increase the diversity of candidate pools for roles where diversity is highly desired, including faculty, post-doctoral fellows, and leadership searches. The DRM/TAR will assist in providing unconscious bias training and recruitment support and consultation to search committees and hiring leaders; serve as institutional representative to professional and national organizations regarding Einstein employment opportunities. The DRM/TAR will also assist in managing general recruitment workload and participate fully as a member of the Talent Acquisition team at Einstein.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, develops and implements innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practices in support of Albert Einstein’s strategic initiatives regarding increasing access to employment related opportunities and increasing the diversity of faculty, post-doctoral fellows and staff at Einstein.
- Provides training to hiring managers and search committees on implicit bias and other strategies regarding Diversity and Inclusion, including inclusion advocacy.
- Act as a liaison between several key stakeholders to ensure that Diversity talent initiatives are being coordinated effectively. Research and propose diversity-related initiatives to enhance our current partnerships and regional engagements.
- Researches most recommended methods for full cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on Diversity and Inclusion. Creates comprehensive recruitment strategies including marketing plans, outreach and trainings for all assigned search activity.
- Collaborate with hiring department to create diversity and inclusion plans for recruitment; works across institutional organization lines to increase contact and visibility to outreach networks and organizations. Leverage social platforms and online recruiting resources to support the creation of talent pipelines.
- Collaborates with professional organization and associations by facilitating the exchange of information and maintaining contact including identifying opportunities to attend Diversity and Inclusion events.
- Support national diversity partnerships and activities through creative methodologies that result in brand awareness, talent generation and sustainable talent pipelines.
- Act as a subject matter expert with market leaders, hiring managers and internal partners concerning methods to source and recruiting diverse candidates, and in general, all candidates for employment at Einstein.
- Monitor candidate progression and care for all candidates identified through these channels. Fosters strong candidate relationships in person, via telephone, email, social media, etc.
- Recruitment oversight for senior level roles within the College.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 4-6 years of full cycle staffing or recruiting
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a diversity recruitment
- Ability to coordinator multiple projects and programs in a high impact environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Knowledge of current recruiting best practices
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Ability to communicate with department faculty members and academic chairs
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems
- Familiarity with social media, LinkedIn, etc
- Demonstrated success utilizing social media to source candidates
- Ability to use computers and software including: MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint