Administrative Assistant II-Academic Records
Category: Classified Staff
Department: Academic Records
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Aug 6, 2019
Ref No.: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Under the supervision of the Dean of Enrollment Management & LifeMap, the Administrative Assistant II will be a member of the Academic Records team. The Administrative Assistant II will be responsible for entering, analyzing and updating data/information in Resource 25(25Live). This position will also be the primary person responsible for outreach, reporting and updating Immunization records in the Student Information System. Reviewing policies, procedures and training others on the use of 25 Live and running the Optimizer for scheduling. Must have a strong background in technology and experience with 25 Live and course scheduling.Assisting with other relevant processes and procedures of the Academic Records department. Working with andcommunicating with academic department chairs, deans and faculty is essential for this position. Be prepared to perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Enrollment Management & LifeMap and/or the Registrar.
- Three years of full-time office experience with strong keyboarding, word processing and data entry skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office products and a willingness and capacity to learn how to use new software.
- Experience composing documents such as memoranda, reports, correspondence, meeting minutes, and email.
- Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to interact in a confidential and effective manner.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple projects and work independently and at a high level of productivity with minimal supervision.
- Strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Understanding of budgets preferred
Closing Date: August 22, 2019
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE