Customer Account Representative/Accounting Assistant
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolSalary Range $15.25 - $17.50 HourlyTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category Admin - ClericalDescription
Purpose: Under the direction of the Manager of Student Accounts and the Assistant Controller, this position is responsible for interacting daily with customers to process payments and respond to customer inquiries. This position will perform additional accounting duties, including journal entry preparation and posting, Cashnet transaction entry and support, campus receivables billing and other accounting support as needed.
- Receives and records cash, check and credit card transactions
- Applies department deposits to department accounts
- Prepares daily cash receipt reports and bank deposits
- Balances daily receipts
- Receives and directs phone calls related to all functions of the Business Office
- Processes outside scholarships and other financial aid checks
- Processes returned checks
- Greets students and other customers and answers general questions related to students bills, fees and other concerns
- Works closely with the Manager of Student Accounts to communicate with students and parents on various topics and serves as backup for this position.
- Communicates both verbally and in writing with various university constituents including administrators, faculty, students, other College staff
- Closes the office and maintains fiscal integrity of college petty cash funds, expense advances and reimbursements
- Ensures advance/reimbursement receipts are returned in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly/annual reconciliation of selected general ledger accounts
- Responsible for invoicing third-parties (rentals, etc.) and maintaining proper subledger accounting
- Reconciles invoices and payments received and manages second invoices and collections
- Assists with student collections as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager of Student Accounts and the Assistant Controller
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and accepted until the position is filled.Qualifications
- High school diploma required
- Two to five years of experience in an office environment with bookkeeping and/or cashier duties.
- Associate's degree in Accounting of Finance preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to effectively communicate with students, parents, College employees, and other outside sources.
- Aptitude with relating to diverse populations and ability to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations
- Knowledge of current technologies and word processing, database, and spreadsheet software, specifically Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Jenzabar and Cashnet systems a plus.
- Ability to learn new software packages
- Organizational skills necessary to plan the workday and monthly/annual schedule
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep College records confidential
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- May require walking, kneeling, reaching, climbing stairs, and ability to lift office supplies, up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to exchange information, either on the phone, or in person.
- Frequent exposure to noise caused by telephones, office machines, and visitors.
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.