Administrative Associate / Project Coordinator (50% FTE)
Administrative Associate / Project Coordinator (50% FTE)
Job Number: 84209
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Are you interested in learning about the area of equity and accessibility? Do you have experience providing administrative and operational support to a team? Do you have technical expertise in web editing and would like to enhance your experience for broader marketing and outreach purposes?
The Administrative Associate/Project Coordinator is a part-time position (20 hours per week) which provides expert administrative and operational support for the Diversity & Access Office. The Diversity and Access Office is a small, high-impact, unit within the Office of Institutional Equity & Access that oversees compliance with respect to non-discrimination and disability-related regulations. The culture of the office emphasizes teamwork, strong work ethic, compassion for others, commitment to Stanford's mission, and work-life balance.
- Draft and edit routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations for trainings and affirmative action briefings.
- Act as a first responder to inquiries and determine appropriate resources and/or actions for follow-up. Serve as a resource regarding diversity and disability related information.
- Perform general office duties associated with scheduling and organizing department meetings and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as a liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Event coordination, including onsite assistance with University-wide events, such as Reunion Homecoming, Multicultural Springfest and Commencement.
- Research, write, and edit content for department website. This includes update websites and event calendar, create new pages, and maintain content on existing pages.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience. BA/BS strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong writing and editing skills. Proficient in using MS Office software including Word, Email/calendaring, PowerPoint, Excel and Google docs
- Demonstrated experience with website and graphic design software including Drupal (beginning to intermediate) InDesign, Photoshop, Qualtrics (or its equivalent).
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, initiate and follow-through independently on tasks.
- Must be comfortable interacting with a community of diverse staff, faculty, students and members of the public. Demonstrated experience working with a diverse population is preferred.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion when handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Professional and customer-oriented demeanor.
- Resourceful, organized and able to manage and prioritize effectively.
- Familiarity with Stanford campus and systems a plus.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Additional Information
- Schedule: Part-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 84209
Location: Institutional Equity & Access, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency