Part-time Educational Aide, Student Support Services
Title:Part-time Educational Aide, Student Support Services Opportunity Type:Part-time Position Type:Student (Part-time) Position Classification:Non-Exempt Home Department:Student Support Services Pay Grade:N/A Overview:
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as certificate and non-degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $8.56 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 25 hours per week.Description:
Student Support Services is a federally funded program that provides eligible participants with free resources and support to ensure a successful post-secondary experience. Student Support Services is seeking motivated SF students to provide tutoring services to program participants. The program is hiring educational aides for all subject areas, but please be aware that applicants must have successfully completed the course with at least a B in order to be considered for this position.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide tutoring to students approved for assistance through Student Support Services.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Strictly honor student confidentiality and exhibit sensitivity toward program participants.
- Document tutoring services rendered.
- Reach out to students regarding academic support services.
- Meet with Trio Programs Coordinator to discuss student progress and recommendations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Coordinator, Student Support ServicesQualifications:
Required: The Educational Aide must be a currently enrolled Santa Fe College student, in good academic and behavioral standing, taking six (6) or more credit hours. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Tutoring experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed SF Employment Application, resume, cover letter and current class schedule through the job portal to be considered for this position.
All submitted application materials will be reviewed by the following job contact:
Coordinator, Student Support Services
Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, SF Current Class Schedule