Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator - The Fletcher School
DescriptionThe mission of Fletcher's Office of Development and Alumni Relations is to serve The Fletcher School community by: raising annual and capital funds to meet the School’s evolving and priority academic and institutional needs, especially during the current Brighter World campaign; stewarding all donors so that impact and return on the investment is both timely and clear; and creating and sustaining long-term, relevant relationships with the School’s approximately 9,700 alumni worldwide as well as friends, including supporting approximately 80+ domestic and international alumni clubs, administering world-class reunion programs and international symposia, and creating high quality electronic and print communications for the community.
We are looking for an Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator to provide advanced administrative support and communications for the Alumni and Donor Relations group. This person will handle complex situations and requests and will serve in a visible capacity as resource for the group with alumni, faculty, staff, students, and other constituents. The Alumni and Donor Relations Coordinator will oversee daily operation of team, produce and draft reports and other complex documents and materials. This person will plan and coordinate meetings and special events, including designing promotional materials, contacting volunteers, booking rooms, managing catering, and coordinating support for speakers and presenters. They will coordinate group budget to include tracking expenditures, troubleshooting problems and preparing reports.
- Typically, a high school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a bachelor's degree and 2+ years of experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- In addition, bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Experience in higher education or another nonprofit setting.
- Prior experience assisting with event planning.
- Prior experience or knowledge of fundraising and alumni relations.
- Must be responsive and service oriented to internal (Faculty, Administrators, Staff, etc.) as well as external constituents (alumni, donors, etc.).
- Familiarity with Access and Advance (or comparable donor and information management system) is highly desirable.
- An aptitude for and commitment to learning new systems and applications is preferred.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: UA - Fletcher Dev & Alumni Rel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Aug 5, 2019, 9:01:37 AM