Temporary Program Support Specialist
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) seeks qualified candidates interested in being considered for a long term temporary Program Support Specialist role in the Department of Psychology.
The Psychology Department is one of the largest academic departments on campus, with 20 full-time faculty members, dozens of adjunct faculty, nearly 600 majors and more than 100 minors, approximately 80 course sections with 1,800 seats offered each semester, 20 active faculty research labs, and a curriculum that offers many Signature Experiences (e.g., collaborative research, internships) that require significant personnel resources to maintain. The Psychology Department office has two full-time staff members, one graduate student assistant, and three undergraduate student workers. The office staff are responsible for a large range of tasks varying in complexity.
The Program Support Specialist oversees major initiatives of the Psychology Department that require coordination, planning, integration of information from multiple sources, analysis, and dissemination of information in various forms; many of these initiatives require interaction with academic and non-academic departments across campus. Projects include strategic planning; curriculum and program assessment; student orientation and registration; student advising; and alumni outreach and programming. In addition, the Program Support Specialist is the lead person in the Psychology Department office, overseeing the entire operation of the office and supervising the duties of the Program Assistant and, directly and indirectly, the student work staff (currently 1 graduate and 3 undergraduate student workers).
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of one year of professional administrative and/or program management experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and various other software programs such as Gmail and Google docs.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be an independent self-starter with strong organization skills and excellent written and oral communication.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, copier, printer, fax.
- Must be able to work successfully with diverse population and uphold the College's commitment to equal employment opportunity.
- Perform basic professional functions using established policies, procedures, precedents, and guidelines.
- Maintain essential and confidential records and files.
- Run reports and compile information from various internal databases on a regular basis.
- Prepare clear, technically sound, accurate, and informative documents and reports.
- Assist with preparation of presentations, ad hoc briefing documents and other meeting materials required for internal team meetings and external client meetings.
- Provide administrative support for assigned team members including scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing Travel and Expense reports, arranging conference schedules and registrations.
- Perform other regular and ad hoc administrative support for department as assigned.
- May train other administrative staff.
- Three to five years of professional administrative and/or program management experience.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience supervising others.
- A graduate degree
For further information about The College of New Jersey, please visit our website at http://www.tcnj.edu/.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply