Job location: Tampa
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-05
Job Description SummaryThe Tampa Education Center is looking for candidates interested in becoming a Student Advisor. The Student Advisor/ Recruiter is primarily responsible for the recruitment of new students and advising students of their academic progress.Job DescriptionDUTIES AND TASKS:
- Advising new and returning students
- Register students in Datatel system
- Maintain/update student files
- Track student graduation status
- Complete graduation clearance
- Coordinate student field replacements
- Complete/assist in student paperwork (PUR, graduation apps, etc.).
- Track student overloads and perform other duties as assigned by the Director. This will also include new student orientation each term, assist with answering phones, scheduling and bulk mailings.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Academic or other counseling background, preferred
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities
- Experience in higher education administration
- Experience with non-traditional students
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word and Excel
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.NOTICE:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.