The Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition at the University of Illinois at Chicago invites applications for open positions as non-tenure-track, part-time adjunct instructors. These positions will be teaching within an undergraduate anatomy and physiology course and mentoring students. Preference will be given to applicants with cadaver expertise and experience using technology within the classroom.
These positions require a minimum of a master’s degree in human anatomy and physiology. Successful candidates will have >1 year experience teaching a cadaver-based anatomy and physiology course within the last five years and will be expected to facilitate an engaging learning environment using various teaching modalities. Successful candidates will demonstrate expertise in current pedagogical practices with a commitment and passion for teaching, learning, and student mentorship and have the ability to instruct students who come from a varied educational background. Lastly, candidates must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Being a team player with fellow faculty and staff.
• Responding to colleagues and students in a timely manner.
• Providing instruction in accordance with established course outlines, course schedule, and expectations approved by the course director and laboratory director.
• Working collaboratively with teaching assistants and undergraduate teaching assistants to deliver content to students.
• Mentoring students.
• Maintaining student attendance and records.
• Grading and proctoring examinations.
• Attending weekly meetings with the course director and lab director.
• Participating in weekly dissection classes to expand knowledge.
• Maintaining weekly office hours.
• Following and ensuring lab safety protocols.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
For fullest consideration, please apply by August 19th. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names of three potential references via the UIC job board. To apply, click on the following link: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=115691