Full-Time Temporary Instructor of English (2 positions)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Working TitleFull-Time Temporary Instructor of English (2 positions)Job Summary
Savannah State University invites applications for two full-time temporary instructors in English to teach freshman composition courses. Instructors will teach four sections of First-Year Writing per Fall and Spring semesters of the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Renewal of an annual contract is contingent upon an instructor’s successful performance evaluation, program need and budgetary capacity.Minimum Qualifications
• M.A. in English or M.A. in a related field with at least 18 graduate credit hours in English.
• Experience teaching college-level writing courses.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Commitment to student retention and success.
• Commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
• Willingness to support a diverse population of learners.
• Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
• Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills, demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Experience with online learning management systems.Special Information to Applicants
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online at: https://jobs.savannahstate.edu. Submit cover letter specifying the position title, current curriculum vitae, official graduate transcripts and three professional references with current contact information who can speak to the candidates qualifications for teaching college writing.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have experience teaching college-level writing courses?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document