Adjunct Faculty- IO/Business Psychology
Job location: Chicago, IL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-05
The IO & Business Psychology department is seeking highly qualified candidates for adjunct faculty positions at our Downtown Chicago Campus. Our adjunct faculty members typify an engaged practitioner model of education to teach masters and doctoral-level psychology courses and integrate technology into classroom instruction. We offer courses in IO, Business Psychology, and Organizational Leadership, related specialty areas including:
Job analysis, personnel psychology, performance appraisal, individual interviewing and assessment, organizational behavior
Social Psychology, Business, Non-profit, Government consulting, Consultant Business Development
Leadership in Corporate or Government or Non-profit settings, Public policy
Advanced Statistics, Quantitative, Qualitative
- Deliver established course content in alignment with the principles of adult learning.
- Augment course content with professional experiences, critical appraisal of theory, and practical examples.
- Design and execute in-class activities to increase student engagement and reinforce key concepts and learning goals.
- Grade papers and assignments within two weeks of the assignment being turned in.
- As appropriate, provide constructive feedback regarding I/O theory, practical application, relevant APA formatting guidelines, writing/presentation skills, and in-class contributions.
- Model and enforce standards of ethics and professionalism consistent within the school’s mission.
- Administrative responsibilities including entering grades, providing feedback on student progress, and minimal administrative meetings.
- Meet with students as needed regarding class progress and academic performance.
- Must be comfortable with managing assignments and feedback via an online learning management system.
- Monitor and respond to student’s posts in an online discussion forum.
- Doctoral degree required.
- Related business experience.
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, research, community service, and diversity.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.