Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics
Visiting Assistant Professor of Economics
The Bill Munday School of Business
The Bill Munday School of Business at St. Edward's University invites applications for a full-time, nine-month, visiting assistant professor position in Economics to begin in Fall 2019. The successful candidate will be teaching a variety of courses including core economics courses, macroeconomic theory, labor, and trade at the undergraduate level and contribute to the scholarly activities at St. Edward's through research and community engagement. St. Edward's embraces excellence through diversity and encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups.
- St. Edward's University is a teaching institution and regards teaching as central to the mission. The teaching load is a 4-4 (total of 8 courses per academic year). Courses are delivered face-to-face or in hybrid format.
- Advise undergraduate students.
- Interact with local, regional, national, and international business, nonprofit, government, and community representatives to develop applied service learning projects and study opportunities for students.
- Participate in assessment of student performance in the discipline.
- Maintain commitment to social responsibility in the classroom setting in line with the University's mission.
- Meet School and University service requirements through participation on committees.
- Fulfill other required faculty responsibilities as outlined in the St. Edward's University Faculty Manual.
As the school pursues AACSB accreditation, applicants must have the following credentials:
- Ph.D. in Economics from an internationally recognized university with an emphasis on macroeconomics, quantitative methods, or trade and development.
- A demonstrated record or strong potential for scholarship in peer reviewed publications.
- Evidence of excellent teaching potential is required.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and commitment to working with a diverse population.
- Prior teaching experience and business industry experience preferred.
- Interest in our university's global initiatives preferred.
- Successful completion of a criminal and/or employment background check required.
How to Apply:
Please attach a resume and cover letter to the application. In your cover letter, please discuss how your record of teaching, service and research demonstrates your commitment to diversity and inclusion as emphasized in the mission of St. Edward's University. The cover letter should also address your experiences or interest in global initiatives. Applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further the mission of St. Edward's University and our commitment to diversity and global initiatives.
The review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
St. Edward's University serves a diverse population of 3,700 undergraduate and 500 graduate students on its campus in South Austin. Recognized as a minority serving institution and a Hispanic serving institution, St. Edward's seeks dedicated teachers who employ active pedagogy to engage a diverse student population. The School of Natural Sciences has experienced significant growth in the last decade attributable to its distinguished faculty, new facilities including >110,000 ft. of teaching and laboratory space, and our approach to engaging undergraduates in the classroom and in research. The Department of Biological Sciences offers B.A. and B.S. degrees in biology, B.S. degrees in Bioinformatics and Medical Laboratory Science, and a 3+2 BA in Biology and MS in Clinical Lab Science in partnership with the University of Texas Medical Branch, in Galveston. https://www.stedwards.edu/undergraduate/biology
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J19070
St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com