Job Number: 84196
Welcome to Land, Buildings & Real Estate
Land, Buildings & Real Estate (LBRE) is the operational core of Stanford University's physical campus. LBRE constructs and maintains the Stanford campus, where advancements across the academic spectrum are made possible. Our work is founded upon the collective value of dedication, innovation, expertise, teamwork, and continuous improvement. We are committed to serving the university's academic mission, as well as preserving and enhancing Stanford's 8,180 acres, and pride ourselves on supporting the teaching and research of the university as “Caretakers of a Legacy."
What we do:
Buildings & Grounds Maintenance (BGM) is responsible for maintaining the academic buildings and grounds of the Stanford campus. This is where you come in.
Who you are:
You are a detail focused professional. You take initiatives and come up with suggestions for process improvements. Your communication skills are top notch, whether it is on paper, email or in person, your interactions with internal and external clients leaves a positive impression. You require little to no supervision in your daily work. You utilize your advanced excel skills to manipulate and report complex data. You have experience developing new tools to assist with data collection and analysis.
Stanford Campus requires Preventive Maintenance (PM) and service to over 300 buildings on campus, with over 50,000 assets which include vacuum pumps, air compressors, backflow preventer, generators, vehicles, automatic doors, trees (yes, trees are part of our assets too!)
Maintaining these assets require a strategic, planned maintenance schedule to ensure the buildings operates at an optimal performance level. A working building supports the amazing teaching and research that Stanford is known for.
The Preventive Maintenance Program Analyst is responsible for the planning and coordination of the preventive maintenance for mechanical, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, grounds, garage, architectural and building trades under direct supervision of the PM Program Manager. The Program Analyst utilizes eAM (enterprise asset management) a maintenance management system and project planning software for the implementation of strategic and tactical planning for the maintenance program schedules.
Your Primary Responsibilities**:
- Data analysis using Excel skills, using Pivot table and VLookup and other advanced excel functions.
- Data entry into eAM to maintain asset inventory.
- Create excel reports from eAM and use data analysis to identify trends.
- Using your data analysis skills, identify opportunities for process improvement, for example identifying trends in maintenance work that can be optimized to reduce travel time and redundancy.
- With guidance from the PM program manager, categorize assets into different critical levels
- Based on the assigned critical levels, partner with LBRE staff to determine PM schedule, frequency and priorities.
- Assist PM program Manager as necessary to schedule contracted work
- Ensure all activities stay up-to-date and current with bill of materials, location and estimated hours.
- Create and maintain a working relationship with various vendors.
- Review contractor labor, including reactive work, and ensure that the scope of work is executed properly and completely.
- Provide yearly analysis, evaluating contractor performance and recommend improvements.
- Initiate purchase orders for reactive work and coordinate with Finance team to facilitate payments.
- Forecast expected labor from contracted service providers for financial planning.
- 80% of your time will be at your desk and 20% out on campus.
**Additional duties as applicable to the role
Required: 1 year + with asset management system / work order system.
Excel skills - advance level functions, including pivot tables, vlookup, base knowledge of formulas
Not necessary but bonus for us if you have:
Knowledge/familiarity in one or more of the following trades: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, hvac.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record. Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4743
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 84196
Location: Land, Buildings and Real Estate, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency