Admissions Analyst - Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Admissions Analyst - Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Admissions Analyst provides support for multiple prospect and applicant operations in the Office of Graduate Admissions. S/he works directly with prospective students on managing their student inquiries, participating in designated information sessions, overseeing the Graduate Admissions web mail account and electronic communications to prospects, and managing web page edits. The incumbent manages data functions such as data entry, data imports and exports, and electronic document imaging. Reporting to the Associate Director for Graduate Admissions and coordinating efforts with the rest of the Admissions team and the greater Graduate School team, the Admissions Analyst has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages the workroom counter area and coordinates prospective student service, including student worker tasks.
- Oversees data processing of prospective student records and application records, paper file setup and completion, and record maintenance and purge processing.
- Updates records and applicant checklists, maintaining data consistency and accuracy according to standard processing guidelines.
- Handles data correction, error identification, and exception reporting resolution, running queries for ad-hoc reporting purposes and error management.
- Communicates with prospective students by responding to questions and concerns, and assists staff and visitors to the Graduate School.
- Manages the electronic inquiry system, including web mail questions, responding to electronic, written, telephone, and walk-in requests for information, questions, and concerns.
- Manages receipt and matching of academic credentials to applicant records, including electronically imaging documents.
- Loads electronic data sets of test scores and matches data to appropriate system records, identifying miscellaneous credentials such as recommendations, transcripts, writing samples, personal statements, and international documents.
- Evaluates documents for appropriate match, and updates electronic records, identifying and resolving data discrepancies and other data exceptions.
- Supports time of year cyclical data operations of the Graduate Admissions Office, including statistics data review and reporting, recruitment communications and activities, process documentation, and training.
- Assists in the coverage of duties for other staff during absences/leave, supporting the Graduate School in other major office functions.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1-3 years of general administrative experience in an office setting
- Knowledge of, and experience with, higher education administration desired
- Well-versed in general Administrative Applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Google apps
- Effective communication skills with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new data management systems with ease
- Must be able to appropriately represent Georgetown University at recruitment events and build effective relationships with prospects and applicants
- Great attention to detail with the ability to manage various projects concurrently
- Ability to recognize problems and act accordingly to resolve them
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Car-Barn/Admissions-Analyst---Graduate-School-of-Arts-and-Sciences_JR07196
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency