1. Master's degree in Theatre
1. Previous performance or directing experience required
2. Previous teaching experience required
1. Utilizes active learning and student success strategies in the classroom.
2. Keeps up-to-date in teaching area/discipline including licenses, training or certificates as applicable.
3. Teaches to pre-approved course objectives.
4. Instructs students in the facts and skills pertaining to the assigned course(s).
5. Considers the general and special needs of all students, and when necessary, seeks additional help from and/or refers students to other college support services.
6. Electronically submit syllabi to appropriate department or division office.
7. Creates, updates, and distributes to all students every semester a course syllabus according to the format required by Board policy.
8. Prepares and delivers according to assigned schedule a final exam unless exception is preapproved by Dean.
9. Submits midterm enrollment verification forms and final grade reports, notices, attendance records by due dates and any other reports pertaining to assigned course within fourteen days.
10. Informs department chairperson/program coordinator and dean in writing of any pending problem the instructor is aware or should be aware of that may have a detrimental effect on department, school, or college.
11. Keeps students informed of course progress both verbally and electronically as appropriate.
12. Informs students of relevant educational and occupational opportunities.
13. Commits best resources to success of all of students by recognizing, understanding and embracing diversity.
14. Conducts classes as scheduled and approved by dean's office.
15. Cooperates with department chairperson/program coordinator, department members, and the appropriate administrators in the development of curriculum, in the preparation and update of course syllabi, course outlines, selection of textbooks and assessment activities.
16. Welcome to attend regular department/program meetings and college meetings as available.
17. Holds office hours for students as outlined in course syllabus and in space available by college.
18. Utilizes appropriate written and oral communication skills.
19. Understands and appropriately utilizes all instructional technology as available in classrooms and labs.
20. As appropriate maintains classroom and/or lab equipment in good order and, when needed, maintains an inventory of assigned equipment and supplies.
21. When needed, recommends library books and other instructional materials and places reading materials on reserve in the library.
22. Follows Student Handbook policies and procedures.
23. Performs other duties as requested or assigned. These other duties shall be restricted to those duties which the adjunct faculty member would or should normally perform for the current semester that they are assigned.