Prospect Research Analyst
Job DetailsPosition Information Position TitleProspect Research AnalystAdvertised TitleProspect Research AnalystLocationTroy, NY CampusSearch NumberS19-00981Full Time/Part TimeFull TimePortfolioDivision of Institute AdvancementBusiness UnitAdvancement Strategies, Services & InfrastructureJob Summary
The Prospect Research Analyst creates concise, accurate, and timely research documents by finding and interpreting biographical data, wealth indicators, news, and philanthropic history relative to Rensselaer’s current and prospective donors in support of Rensselaer’s fund raising program. http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8286Minimum Qualifications
•Two (2) years in a business, higher education, or marketing environment with practical experience in database segmentation and marketing, analysis, forecasting, and modeling.
•Experience working with a relational database such as Advance C/S, Wealth Engine, Lexis/Nexis, or other similar application.
•Experience in higher education development settingMinimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to prepare concise, accurate, and well-written documents based on self-generated research and analysis.
• Demonstrated understanding of the fund-raising process and moves management
• Ability to successfully collaborate with senior management and advancement officers
• Demonstrated ability to develop, synthesize and organize material from multiple sources and articulate findings clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to handle several projects simultaneously
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team member
• Independent, self-starter with strong customer service skills
• Working knowledge of computer-based database processes for managing, tracking and reporting data
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
noneJob Posted DateIn order to receive full consideration you must apply byJob Close DateNew/Replacement PositionReplacementOther Position RequirementsAdditional Information
The Prospect Research Analyst in Development Research provides prospect research, strategy, and support to Major and Principal Gift Officers, and other Division of Institute Advancement leaders. The incumbent creates concise, accurate, and timely research documents by finding and interpreting biographical data, wealth indicators, news, and philanthropic history relative to Rensselaer’s current and prospective donors in support of Rensselaer’s fund raising program. The position requires the ability to collaborate on projects, as well excellent organizational and communication skills. approach to research and excellent organizational and communication skills.Instructions for ApplyingQuicklinkhttp://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/8286Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?