Academic Program Coordinator
Academic Program Coordinator Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201906253561 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $55,000 - $95,150 Position Information University Extension is the continuing education division of University of California Riverside campus, offering over 80 certificate and credentialing programs to local and international students. Reporting to the Director of Professional Programs, the Academic Program Manager is responsible for developing new program concepts and managing an existing portfolio of certificate programs that fall under the Professional Programs scope. This position will function as an associate director for the existing Law and Justice program portfolio, serve as the subject matter expert for accreditation activities, and develop new curricula in this area of study. This position has primary responsibility for market research of programmatic need for the Academic Programs team. In addition to working closely with the Director of Professional Programs, this position will also work with other program developers including the Director of Program Development and the Associate Dean of Academic Programs/Director of Education Programs to research and/or implement strategic program opportunities. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Conditions Condition Requirement Continuing education in related field. Required Advanced Degree in Law, Legal Studies or closely related field to support American Bar Association program accreditation. Required Experience Experience Requirement Experience with conducting market research, proposal composition, curriculum development, and success in the development and management of revenue generating programs. Required Experience working in the legal profession and/or working with or as a paralegal. Preferred 6 - 10 years of related experience. Required Experience working in higher education. Preferred
Minimum Requirements Advanced knowledge of accredited and/or certificate program instruction and delivery methodologies, the organization, market and business strategies.
Advanced analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Must possess business acumen and skill in working with individuals of all levels from various backgrounds.
Skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Preferred Qualifications Demonstrates thorough knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of functional area and understands how work impacts other areas of public educational programs.
Advanced knowledge of the paralegal profession and education.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position