Access Services Desk Assistant (75%)
Access Services Desk Assistant (75%) Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201907184241 75% Part Time Other $43,869 - $56,898 Position Information The Access Services Desk Assistant interprets and administers circulation/reserve policies as they apply to library patrons. Provides circulation services to a wide variety of patrons on a regular basis in accordance with the desk schedule.
The incumbent must be able to work Monday 7:15 am - 3:45 pm, Tuesday - Thursday 10:30 am - 5:30 pm, and Saturday 12:45 pm - 5:15 pm during the academic year.
This is a 75% (part-time) career position. Minimum Requirements Demonstrated experience working with the public in a service oriented environment.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work successfully in an intensely collaborative environment with a broad range of people from culturally diverse backgrounds including colleagues, administrators, students, faculty, donors, and alumni.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to apply special attention to detailed tasks.
Ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Experience using the Circulation/Fulfillment module of an Integrated Library System, such as Alma.
Experience working with MS Office, email programs, and the internet. Ability to learn specialized software.
Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, and push loaded book trucks weighing up to approximately 250 lbs.
Must be able to stand and move about the library for long periods of time.
Ability to work flexible hours for staffing in back up situations including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours may vary from quarter to quarter.
Ability to successfully pass a background investigation. Preferred Qualifications Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
Experience working at a Circulation Desk.
Experience working in an academic library environment.
Demonstrated ability to train, motivate, and direct the work of others.
Experience opening/closing a library facility.
Knowledge and demonstrated use of an online Accounts Receivable System, such as Banner.
Experience handling safety and emergency situations. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position