Executive Assistant Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201907194341 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $98,600 Position Information *All applicants are required to submit a cover letter and a resume for consideration.*The Executive Assistant (EA) provides executive level coordination and support to the Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Compliance Officer (AVC), provides administrative support to the CCO team; travel planning, purchasing, reimbursements, account reconciliation, project support, and other duties as assigned and is responsible for the overall management of the AVC's office. The EA represents the AVC in a professional manner, exercises sound judgment and demonstrates commitment to the UC ethical values (excellence, compliance, integrity and accountability), while facilitating a collaborative working environment. The EA has a thorough understanding of the AVC's priorities and expectations, and takes these into account when establishing, organizing, and prioritizing activities on her schedule. The position intercepts and independently resolves routine issues; handles highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact; and composes clear, grammatically correct and concise correspondence, including investigations-related notifications. The EA also provides administrative support to the Vice Provost for Academic Resolution. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required Previous UC experience Preferred
Minimum Requirements Solid analytical/problem-solving skills.
Strong service orientation.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies, both verbally and in writing.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies.
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications Advising and counseling skills.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position