Part Time Instructors of English (Applicant Pool)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Working TitlePart Time Instructors of English (Applicant Pool)Job Summary
Savannah State University invites applications for part-time faculty in English to teach freshman composition courses. These appointments are on a course-by-course, semester-by-semester basis. Review of applications is ongoing and positions are open until filled. Applicants are notified if they have been selected to complete the hire process only if a job is available to be filled for class instruction.Minimum Qualifications
• Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in English or M.A. in a related field with at least 18 graduate credit hours in English.
• Experience teaching high school or college English courses.
• Names and contact information for three references who can speak to the applicant’s qualifications for teaching college-level writing.
Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Commitment to student retention and success.
• Commitment to development and assessment of student learning.
• Willingness to support a diverse population of learners.
• Ability to work in a participatory and collegial setting.
• Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills, demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.Preferred Qualifications
• Experience teaching college composition.
• Experience with online learning management systems.
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online; current vitae, unofficial transcripts, and name, address, telephone number and email address of three references.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have experience teaching high school or college English courses?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document