Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Nursing
Posting InformationPosting Information Position TitleAssistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in NursingJob Posting Number202034FACJob LocationRound RockDepartmentSt. David's School of NursingPosition Description
Texas State is seeking one tenure track nursing faculty at the assistant professor, associate professor, or professor level for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment to teach in the Family Nurse Practitioner track of the MSN-FNP program.
Responsibilities include maintaining a record of scholarly/research activity and participation in curriculum development, including lab instruction and teaching online courses in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will be located in the nursing building on the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, Texas. www.nursing.txstate.edu
Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.Required Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate degree in nursing or related field and BSN or master’s degree in nursing.
2. Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
3. Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
4. At least three years of clinical experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
6. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching, and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of assistant professor (less than five years teaching), associate professor (minimum five years teaching), or professor (minimum ten years teaching) in a School of Nursing.
The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.Preferred Qualifications
1. Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
2. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
3. Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experience, and teaching in a Family Nurse Practitioner Program.
4. Record of accomplishments in scholarly/creative (grantmanship and extramural funding) and service.
5. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review and assessment.
6. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
7. Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25779.
The first review date is October 1, 2019. To be considered in this first group, please submit the following by October 1, 2019: a cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateSpring 2020Open DateReview Date10/01/2019Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25792Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference