Job location: TN Chattanooga Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-08-02
The Campus Dean’s primary purpose is to support student success through retention efforts that contribute to student population growth while fostering a collaborative campus culture
*This position is being advertised for a role at a campus that is pending regulatory approval.
- The Campus Dean serves as Senior Academic Officer at a designated Strayer University campus location or locations and with the Campus Director is responsible for creating an environment supportive of a quality educational experience as well as creating and maintaining a campus culture that ensures the campus achieves all goals.
- Actively supports all campus new and continuing student enrollment and student retention efforts as well as collaborates with admissions staff on strategies to help increase number of students with college experience. Including helping new students maximize their previous transfer credit, training and work experience so they can complete their degree as quickly and economically as possible
- Assesses student learning by evaluating the performance of each faculty teaching on ground at the campus to improve continuation rates, and other ground class outcomes.
- Resolves faculty and student concerns and addresses issues related to faculty and staff performance, student behavior, and campus operations immediately as they occur.
- Selects ground faculty in collaboration with the Dean of Faculty consistent with the University’s Faculty Hiring Procedures.
- Screens, interviews, hires and evaluates academic staff (Campus Academic Specialist and/or LRC staff) and ensures they are aware of performance expectations in the appropriate areas of responsibility.
- In conjunction with the Campus Director, conducts effective campus-based new student orientations, including introduction to online learning, to familiarize adult learners with University policies, procedures, and services.
- Works with Regional leadership and peers to meet quarterly class count budgets.
- Engages and connects with the broader community through outreach activities with Community Colleges, corporate partners and other community groups that represent our student demographic.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- A Master’s degree from an accredited institution is required; terminal degree preferred
- A broad educational background. Teaching experience at the college level is preferred
- At least three years administrative experience in mid to senior level academic management position is required.
- Ability to promote academic quality
- Ability to lead under pressure with integrity and follow through on details
- Ability to manage people, processes and projects
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments throughout the university
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Demonstrated successful managerial experience, including the ability to train and mentor campus Faculty members.
- Understanding of higher education administration
- Strong instructional skills including on ground and online-based instruction a plus
- Proficient computer skills to include Blackboard, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with student or customer information/management systems preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to interpret and act on various management reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop talent for future leadership roles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to convey key messages clearly and concisely to campus staff and students.
- Must be able to travel 0-10% of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro is required to perform this job.
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]