Adjunct Faculty - Online Instruction - School of Education
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-08-02
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
Teaching Credential provides students with a fundamental knowledge base for educating and developing learning environments for young children from kindergarten to third grade. The curriculum is based on a constructivist framework that is responsive to multiple sources of diversity in early childhood education. As actively engaged participants, candidates in this program learn about essential principles and theories of pedagogy and child development and engage in supervised learning experiences to integrate and apply their knowledge. Learning experiences throughout the curriculum are characterized by inquiry, self‐ reflection, collaboration with others, and problem‐solving. Acknowledging multiple influences on child development and learning, the program emphasizes the importance of developing respectful and reciprocal relationships to create supportive and challenging learning environments. Coursework focuses on strategies of inclusion, issues of equity, social justice, and cultural competence
Examples of the Teacher Credentialing and Special Education Credentialing program courses available for teaching assignments:
- Language and Literacy in a Diverse Classroom
- Cognitive Development and Math
- Science Methods
- Healthy Children
- Utilizing and Infusing Technology into Teaching
- Studies of the Student with Special Needs
- Communication and Collaboration Skills for Special Educators
- Instructing Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Student Teaching Placement I and 2
- Teaching undergraduate students earning BA’s in Early Childhood Education with Multiple Subject or Dual Credentials ONLINE.
- Teaching graduate students earning MA’s in Education with Multiple Subject or Education Specialist credentials ONLINE.
- Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets department and college standards
- Planning and creating online presentations, online-class discussions and online assignments.
- Grading assigned papers and provide feedback.
- Collaborating with colleagues on online course curriculum
- Advising students on how to be successful in class
- Staying updated on innovations and changes within their course field and online learning in higher education.
- Participating in the on-line learning platform CANVAS
- Develop and revise current curriculum and assessment in the field for an online learning environment.
- Evaluate course work in Taskstream
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Presence in the online classroom a MINIMUM of 4 days per week including weekends
- Ability to conduct one mandatory GoToMeeting session during the first week of the term. Grade and provide feedback on all assignments within 5 days of the due date
- Facilitate and participate in the weekly discussion postings online
- Actively respond to student emails and requests within 24-48 hours
- Contribute to the course content using current events, current research articles, videos and other materials
- Post final grades by the College deadline
- Prepare and update course prior to the course start
- Provide weekly online announcements and overviews for each week of the course
- Web Camera for weekly overviews and GTM with students.
- Identify and refer at-risk students to academic support services
- Participate in Adjunct trainings, meetings, events and other College requirements
- Master’s degree and Multiple Subject Credential- Credential courses.
- Master’s degree and Ed Specialist M/M Credential- Ed Specialist Credential courses.
- Relevant professional experience
- Official Transcript and 2 letters of recommendation
- Online College level teaching experience and working with adult learners
- Communicate effectively using Canvas, Pacific Oaks College’s learning management system
- Proficiency in common internet tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds
- Commitment to support the mission of Pacific Oaks College
Pacific Oaks offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical, vision, and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition discount, and other perks.
Pacific Oaks is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
Pacific Oaks participates in E-Verify and verifies identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.