Adjunct - Natural Sciences
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Part TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription The Natural Sciences Department at Flagler College has an immediate need for an Environmental Science instructor position for Fall 2019. Your initial duties include teaching NAS 107 Environmental Science, both lecture and lab, within the Coastal Environmental Science major program at Flagler College; course and/or curriculum development; grading of all coursework including exams and laboratory assignments; involvement on College and University committees and/or initiatives; as well as duties as assigned.Course meets Tuesday/Thursday from 3:30PM-5:15PMIndividuals in this position must:
- Hold weekly office hours (one hour per course section taught);
- Use the College’s learning management system (Canvas) to maintain accurate records of student attendance; report excessive absences to the Office of Student Success and the Assistant Dean of Academic Life;
- Use Canvas to maintain accurate student grade records and report them to the Registrar’s Office at the end of the term;
- Participate in section-specific and composition program assessment by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on classroom data;
Flagler College is a 4-year private college dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology; involved in scholarly activities as appropriate to appointment; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.Qualifications
- Master's degree or higher in Biology, Environmental Science, Oceanography, Ecology, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation with 18 graduate credit hours within the discipline.
- Previous teaching experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with College policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all constituents.
- Excellent written and communication skills and knowledge of course content.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check (including fingerprinting).
Ph.D. in Biology, Environmental Science, Oceanography, Ecology, or a related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation. Teaching experience preferable.
Non - Discrimination Statement
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.