Donor Engagement Coordinator
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeSalary Range $16.83 - $19.23 HourlyTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription
The Donor Engagement Coordinator is a new position that will work directly with the Development team within the Office of Institutional Advancement to assist with the production of personalized communications, reports, recognition, and events for Flagler College’s generous donors. The position will also serve as the primary point of contact for all Flagler College advisory boards.
Institutional Advancement staff at Flagler work to foster the relationship between the college and its donors through activities that acknowledge, engage, recognize, and report on their gifts to Flagler. Through this donor-centric approach, each member of the Institutional Advancement team plays a role in ensuring that the experience of Flagler donors around their philanthropy is an exceptionally positive and fulfilling one.
- Create and execute a stewardship management program that tracks donors from initial gift and beyond.
- Analyze and track donor retention data in order to develop targeted stewardship strategies for at-risk populations.
- Develop knowledge of the Communications and Donor Relations group, as well as an understanding of how it relates to schools and departments around the college.
- Assist in writing, design, and production of donor acknowledgements and general correspondence.
- Assist in the production of personalized annual stewardship reporting to donors; including annual endowment reports and the honor roll of donors.
- Work closely with staff in the schools and units to coordinate comprehensive donor reports.
- Track acknowledgement of individual gift entries to ensure timely, appropriate recognition and stewardship; identify and remedy inaccuracies in gift or pledge records.
- Assist with donor relations events, including invitation lists and RSVPs, and event collateral.
- Respond to inquiries from fundraisers and donors.
- Work with video production staff to produce videos for use in donor stewardship.
- Other duties may also be assigned
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment for all Flagler College departmental advisory boards, and special event and engagement opportunities;
- Create and manage Flagler’s volunteer engagement and recognition activities;
- Implement volunteer “best practices” for volunteer management program;
- Serve as the primary point of contact and provide administrative leadership for all college advisory boards.
- Coordinate all advisory board operations, including meetings, subcommittee meetings and activities, and fundraising events.
- Coordinate with Advisory Board Chairs, Deans, Faculty, and Development staff to ensure the productivity and effectiveness of all Flagler College advisory boards.
- Assist in the creation and coordination of any new departmental advisory boards at Flagler College.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this position will remain open until filled.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in volunteer/donor relations, with an understanding of philanthropy as it relates to not-for-profit organizations.
Knowledge and Skills
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to listen and respond with diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and database applications.
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Ability to work with a high level of independence while maintaining a team perspective and commitment;
- Ability and confidence to communicate, interact with, energize, and lead varied constituencies; that are effective with a diverse range of audiences including board members, volunteers, internal staff, donors, executives, potential funding partners and all constituencies.
- Ability to think strategically and translate to individual areas of responsibility;
- Ability and confidence to design, recommend and apply creative solutions to meet objectives.
Physical and Working Conditions
- While performing the functions of this job, the position is both sedentary and at time requires the ability to be active including standing, walking in the outside elements, in and out of vehicle, bending, lifting and/or arranging files and office products and supplies.
- Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.