Counselor — Student Counseling Services
Counselor — Student Counseling ServicesFebruary 14, 2020Description
Earlham College is accepting applications for the position of Counselor in Student Counseling Services. This is a full-time, 11-month, 40 hours-per-week administrative faculty appointment. The annual compensation range is $38,000 - $41,000 and includes a benefit package.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Carries out clinical responsibilities including individual and group counseling, crisis assessment and intervention, consultation, follow-up and referral.
- Provides mental health services to the undergraduate, M.A.T. and M.Ed. students during daytime hours.
- Presents educational training/workshops to students and administrative faculty.
- Participates in campus-wide outreach programming and education.
- Documents, organizes and manages client records in accordance with professional standards.
- Serves as a member of the Division of Student Life; collaborates with teaching faculty and staff on student needs and problems; and participates in meetings, committees and College activities.
- Participates in the emergency on-call rotation up to two times a month during the academic year.
- Possibly provides some supervision to doctoral and/or master’s level graduate intern and practicum students.
- A master’s degree in counseling or a related field is required.
- Licensed in Indiana is preferred, license eligible may be considered.
- Two years of counseling experience is required, college counseling experience is preferred.
- Work schedule will include some evening and weekend hours.
- Applicants should have a clear understanding of the role of residence life at a private liberal arts college.
- Multicultural competence and experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information with three professional references to:
Human Resources Office
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
Email: [email protected]
The review of applications will begin immediately.
The starting date for the position is as soon as possible.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other distinctions and contributions. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.