Senior Research Specialist I/II
The Imaging and Analysis Specialists will participate in a multidisciplinary research and education program utilizing a wide range of instrumentation available in the IAC. The specialists will fill various roles in the team and provide key support, maintenance, and guidance to researchers in the characterization of complex materials. Staff members will also participate in training and helping users to operate the equipment.Responsibilities
Successful candidates are expected to have experience in one or more of our analysis and characterization techniques including, scanning probe, electron beam, X-ray, optical, thermal, and others. Specialists will support the center's daily operation, and would be responsible for maintenance of microscopes, spectrometers, thermal analysis tools, electronics, vacuum systems, and sample preparation equipment, in addition to their interactions with users.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for a research/technical specialist I/II position in the PRISM Imaging and Analysis Center (IAC) at Princeton University. The level will be determined based on the experience and educational level.Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in physical or chemical sciences or engineering with 4+ years related working experience is required.
- A Ph.D. degree holder with lesser work experience will be considered.
- Substantial hands-on experience in the operation of instruments for imaging (e.g scanning probe microscopes, optical microscopes, SEMs, TEM/STEMs, FIB, 3D X-rays), and analysis (e.g. XRDs, XPS, EDXs, WDX, EBSD, Raman, Ellipsometry, Thermal analysis, UV-VIS, PLM, etc.).
- Experience in the daily maintenance of instruments.
- Excellent communication skills are required to work on the team and interface with students, staff and faculty in their research projects.
- Ability and interest in learning new techniques and operation of equipment.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume documenting their experience and skill set, and a list of 3 or more references.
The final candidate will be expected to clear a background check successfully.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAWSalary GradeASR, 010Standard Weekly Hours36.25Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo