Job Number: 84186
Job Classification Title: Administrative Associate 2
1 Year Fixed Term With Possibility of Renewal for Up to 3 Years
DESCRIPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT HERE
The Program in African and African American Studies (AAAS), established in 1969, was the first African & African American Studies program at a private institution in the country and the first ethnic studies program developed at Stanford University. AAAS has more than 30 affiliated faculty whose scholarship focuses on all aspects of the African diaspora. Students can major or minor in AAAS.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Provide administrative and operational support to African & African American Studies (AAAS) working under general supervision. This position reports to the Associate Director for AAAS and works closely with the Student Services Officer (SSO).
The administrative associate will conduct routine financial administrative tasks, including handling basic business and card transactions, paying honoraria and stipends, and more; and office operational and support duties, including scheduling, calendaring, supporting conferences, seminars, and events, some purchasing and marketing, and other duties as listed below.
This is a one-year fixed term position with possibility of renewal for up to three years.
Your responsibilities include*:
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support.
- Work with the SSO to review student files, check degree progress, and inform students of graduation requirements
- Facilitate the declaration process for students that declare the major or minor in African & African American Studies
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position you will bring:
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience in Drupal
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application. Your one-page cover letter should briefly describe your background with administrative tasks and working with students, if applicable. Please provide examples of your skills including responsiveness, attention to detail, organization, and decision-making.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 84186
Location: School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency