Associate/Full Professor and the Chair of the Department of Management
The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver (DU) invites applications for a Chair of the Department of Management, starting Fall 2020. Academics holding a doctoral degree and qualified for tenure as either Associate or Full Professor will be considered.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for faculty and research, the Chair will have responsibility for the continued development of an influential department distinguished by teaching and research excellence. We are open to applicants from all areas of management scholarship and all research methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate experience commensurate with full or associate professor rank. Maintenance of AACSB academic qualifications (Scholarly Academic) is required. The Associate or Full Professor and Department Chair is expected to teach courses during the academic year, which may include fall, winter, and/or spring quarters. Teaching responsibilities include both undergraduate and graduate level courses. Because of extensive administrative responsibilities, the normal teaching load of six courses per year on a quarter system will be reduced as appropriate. Tenure will be considered at the time of hire.
The Chair will join a cohesive and collaborative council of academic chairs and school directors who help guide the College to achieve its mission. The College seeks a chair who will provide expertise, leadership, and a strategic focus to a department that educates students to assume leadership and consultative positions within the region and world. Candidates will possess the requisite personal characteristics and professional experience to provide dynamic leadership and strategic vision to the Department to create distinction and prominence.
- Strategic planning, faculty development, faculty research, and new curriculum development.
- Collaboratively refine and realize a vision for the Management Department.
- Inspire and support excellence in teaching and research.
- Evaluate programmatic outcomes.
- Recruit and retain outstanding faculty.
- Facilitate faculty scholarship and the intellectual climate of the Department.
- Promote excellence through diversity in programming and faculty and student retention.
- Provide students with academic programs of the highest quality and effectiveness and help them to build professional and ethical character.
- Maintain open communication and collaboration.
- Communicate effectively by building on commonalities, bridging differences and encouraging active discourse.
- Build relationships with other units of the College and DU.
- Raise the visibility of the Department and the College, and participate in research, teaching and service.
- Earned doctorate in management or an equivalent field from an AACSB or EQUIS accredited school.
- Experience as a tenured Associate or Full Professor at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Current publication record that demonstrates Academic Qualification standing for AACSB requirements.
- Well established record in research, teaching, and service as appropriate to the level of associate or full professor.
- Maintenance of AACSB Scholarly Academic qualification through quality scholarship.
- Active membership in academic and business associations/organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusive excellence.
- Experience with managing and directing others.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with a variety of teaching methods and/or curricular perspectives to effectively engage diverse populations and learning styles.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse student populations and communities.
- Commitment to incorporating business ethics into course curriculum.
- Experience building programs, developing curriculum and growing enrollments.
- Demonstrated experience with the integration of ethics, social responsibility, and a global focus in teaching, research, and service activities.
- Substantive participation in university/division-wide projects and initiatives to promote multiculturalism/diversity/inclusive excellence.
- Current or past editorial review board membership of one or more academic discipline leading journals.
- Management and leadership experience within an academic department/unit/school.
- Proficiency in budgeting, and experience with shared governance with faculty, staff, students and administrators.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on September 15, 2019. Applications will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.