Assistant Director, Safety & Security
Delaware County Community College, a competency-based institution, committed to diversity invites applications for an Assistant Director of Safety & Security in our Safety & Security department.
Under the direction of the Director of Safety and Security Services, the Assistant Director is responsible for directing and managing the work activity of the safety and security staff including security guards, switchboard operators/receptionists, and related employees over a three shift cycle. The Assistant Director will work with the Director in making recommendations regarding policies and procedures related to safety and security and in coordinating and implementing all such policies and procedures throughout the College.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to: -
- Responsible for Safety and Security operation for all campuses; includes developing staff assignments for all shifts at all locations; includes all full-time and part-time positions and coordinating staffing needs with outside contractors as needed to supplement data requirements.
- Works with and maintains the college Emergency Notification system. Runs test to assure its function.
- Recruit, train, and help manage the performance of security staff
- Ensure staff is preparing accurate and concise written patrol and incident reports
- Establish successful working relationships with local law enforcement to obtain area crime statistics and seek their assistance if needed
- Assist the Security Director with other assigned duties upon request
- Work rotating shifts so to train, oversee and upgrade current security staff
- Schedules and ensuring all shifts are staffed appropriately.
- Conducting thorough investigations of serious incidents, including sexual assault and Title IX incidents.
- Completing accurate and well written reports.
- Assisting the Director with the administration and management of the department. In the absence of the Director, assuming responsibility for all Department operations
- Identify security weaknesses and implement procedures for mitigating losses
- Serves as liaison with outside criminal justice, safety, and fire agencies
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must have: -
- Bachelor's degree in Law Enforcement or related field preferred.
- Three (3) years of directly applicable experience, including one (1) year of supervisory experience preferably in an institution of higher learning.
- The ability to accept work assignments during evening and weekend hours as emergency situations dictate.
- Project a confident, calm, and professional image to the public and the client, sometimes under stressful circumstances
- Attention to detail and active listening skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
Pennsylvania Act 153 Clearances
Applicants are required to either present to human resources current and valid PA Act 153 clearances or be able to obtain them expediently.
The College strongly encourages applications from members of traditionally under-represented groups. DCCC is an equal opportunity employer.