Adjunct - Paramedicine
Position DetailsReq ID:req7035Position Title:Adjunct - ParamedicinePosition Type:Adjunct/Temporary FacultyOSU Campus:EMSDepartment:EMSLocation Address:
900 N. Portland Ave.
Oklahoma CIty, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Justin HunterHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):650.00 - 700.00, Salary Work Schedule:Monday – Friday, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Job Summary:Job Description:To serve as an instructor for the Emergency Medical Services(EMS) degree program. Continuous assignment based on program need and fundingavailability. Essential Job Functions:Knowledge in EMS agency operations, management, and leadership functions. Ability to update curriculum to meet changing trends in the EMS field. Ability to present material in the traditional or online classroom environment. Ability to conduct formative and summative assessment of student learning. Ability to create and maintain a positive learning environment, displaying and requiring professionalism in all classroom activities. Ability to work collaboratively with EMS agency representatives on meeting program goals and learning outcomes. Can show a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.Function under the direction of the EMS Program Director.Prepare lab for classes, help dismantle and clean up after lab activities.Function as a lab instructor during class labs.Demonstrates the safe and proper use of lab equipment and hazardous or bio hazardous materials. Provide leadership and positive role modeling for students.Attend annual program meeting.Participate in the assessment of student learning annual report.Completes all mandatory training.Perform other duties as assigned.The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.Copies of all certifications are required upon hiring. Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
Minimum of 3 years field experience with an EMS agency as a paramedic.
- Current National Registry of EMTs certification as a Paramedic
- Current Oklahoma Paramedic license
- AHA BLS Provider
- AHA ACLS Provider
- AHA PALS/PEPP Provider
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to educate and assist students with learning of the various skills necessary for EMS education.
- Ability to evaluate student performance.
- Ability to conduct formative and summativeassessment of student learning.
- Ability to create and maintain a positive learningenvironment, displaying and requiring professionalism in all classroomactivities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with EMS agencyrepresentatives on meeting program goals and learning outcomes.
- Can show a history of demonstrating ethical andprofessional behavior.
- Ability to adapt and apply laboratory methods, practices and techniques.
- Ability to follow health and safety procedures and regulations.
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to adapt to curriculum and programmatic changes.
- Ability to update and maintain course syllabi, lesson plans, and other course materials.
- Passion for assistingcustomers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Previousteaching experience or field training.
- Experiencein education technology, simulation technology, or related area.
- Familiaritywith Emergency Medical Responder, Emergency Medical Technician, Advanced EmergencyMedical Technician, and Paramedic registry skill and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- AHA BLS Instructor
- AHA ACLS Instructor
- AHA PALS/PEPP Instructor
- PHTLS Provider
- Office and laboratory environment.
- Position may require work during evening and/or weekend hours to meet program goals and student educational/learning needs
- Instructor will perform duties inside structures or inlaboratory simulations.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as,but not limited to, lifting up to 75 lbs. unassisted, bending, standing,climbing or walking.
- Any items weightingmore than 45 lbs. must be team lifted per OSU safety regulations.
- Must be ableto handle and safely dispose of solutions and any hazardous materials wearingappropriate PPE.
The work environment and physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those required by an employee to perform theessential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.