Part-Time Campus Safety Dispatcher (Day Shift, E/O Weekend)
Department:: Campus Safety
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Aug 1, 2019
Closes:: Oct 31, 2019 - 11:59 PM EDT
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Part-Time Campus Safety Dispatcher position to work every other (E/O) Saturday, 7AM-7PM and Sunday, 7AM-3PM (20 hours, E/O Week), available immediately. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to dispatching Campus Safety Police Officers, Auxiliary Safety Officers, and Student Security Officers to routine and emergency calls for service via clear and concise two-way radio communication; receiving routine and emergency telephone calls and messages in an accurate, confident and professional manner; monitoring of college video surveillance system, fire/panic alarms, and other safety systems; and keeping accurate dispatch call logs and records.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to work efficiently in a high stress, fast paced, dynamic environment and be able to handle confidential and protected data
- Obtain JNET and C.L.E.A.N. access/certification within 90 days of hire or appointment
- Obtain NAED Emergency Telecommunicator Certification within 90 days of hire or appointment, if not already certified.
- Experience in telecommunications, two-way radio communications, public safety, emergency services and/or law enforcement.
- Current NAED Emergency Telecommunicator certification.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received by October 31, 2019.