Instructor in Kinesiology
The Department of Kinesiology at Cornell College has an IMMEDIATE opening for part-time instructors to teach one or more of the following six courses in the 2019-2020 academic year:
- KIN 260 Individual/Family Life Education and Wellness OR KIN 328 Exercise Psychology (Block one: August 26th-September 18th)
- KIN 324 Elementary Physical Education Methods (Block three: October 21st-November 13th)
- KIN 331 PE Methods for Secondary Schools (Block four: November 18th-December 18th)
- KIN 327 Adapted Physical Education (Block 5: January 13th-February 5th)
- KIN 334 Motor Learning (Block 7: March 16th-April 8th)
- KIN 205 Coaching Endorsement or Authorization OR KIN 101 Lifetime Physical Fitness (Block eight: April 13th-May 8th)
Cornell College operates on a One Course At A Time academic calendar in which instructors teach 3-4 hours daily over the 18 days of the course term.
Cornell College, a deeply student-focused selective liberal arts college, is distinguished by its One Course At A Time curriculum, a philosophy which allows students more opportunities for off-campus study, full-time internships, and research blocks. Academic immersion and unparalleled flexibility, thanks to the One Course Calendar, attract an ambitious student body from nearly all 50 US states and territories and many foreign countries. External endorsements include selection as one of the Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, and a Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buy. Founded in 1853, Cornell's picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly constructed Russell Science Center. It is located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer's as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" and located in the heart of the ICR Iowa region.
Cornell College is committed to fostering a faculty and staff community that reflects its diverse student body. We encourage applications from candidates who share our vision for a campus that embraces differing backgrounds, viewpoints, and identities. We believe in the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion that serve to enrich and strengthen our campus community.
Applicants should submit the following materials to: https://cornellcollege.applicantpro.com/jobs/1153274.html
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names and contact information for three references.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups. Cornell complies with Iowa's Smoke-Free Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires satisfactory completion of a background check.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.