Executive Director of Career Services and Placement
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleExecutive Director of Career Services and PlacementWho we are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.What we offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.CampusChicago - Michigan Ave.If other, please specifyPosition StatusFull TimeIf part time, hours per weekWhat you will do:
The Executive Director of Career Services and Placement will provide leadership for NLU’s innovative Career Bridge initiative which is focused on the creation of a best-in-class model for career preparation, integrated with curricular and co-curricular programming. This initiative advances our mission commitments to support post-secondary completion and employment for a diverse and underserved student population. The Career Bridge will be a cornerstone for NLU’s undergraduate students (first time freshman and transfer students) and will serve as a centralized “one-stop shop” serving and preparing all undergraduates for successful transition to employment. The Executive Director of Career Services and Placement will develop, implement and assess programming that builds career readiness skills and secures career preparation experiences, and ultimately full-time employment and will work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders across the institution. In addition the successful candidate will be responsible for driving employer engagement efforts that will yield career preparation experiences such as internships, job shadowing, micro-internships and full time employment opportunities. To achieve this end, this position will provide supervision of a staff of employment engagement professionals.The employer engagement responsibilities include establishing and nurturing relationships with area employers, and NLU alumni, to provide opportunities for students.Outcomes:
• Manage the Career Bridge initiative, including the development of the infrastructure and physical space, incorporating technology and resources needed to provide an experience that enhances the career preparation skills students need to secure work based experience while enrolled and eventual employment. Ensure the development of career readiness curriculum provided through the Career Bridge that is engaging and developmental for students.
• Lead employer engagement efforts for the institution by designing and implementing a strategy for developing new and existing relationships with employers. Serves as an industry liaison to engage local industry partners and NLU alumni to foster mutually beneficial relationships with students, ensuring that sufficient opportunities for students to engage in career experiences- including internships, job shadowing and micro-internships- are available.
• Provide leadership and day-to-day management of employer engagement staff, including staff selection, training and performance management. Establish partnership goals and guide staff towards meeting these goals.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to ensure best-in-class career preparation and employer engagement opportunities to proactively engage first generation and low income students are integrated into the curriculum and undergraduate student experience.
• Manage the collection and reporting of data related to grant requirements and internal benchmarks of career readiness experiences and preparation in alignment with the NLU Strategic Plan and adapting Career Bridge activities to ensure goals are met.
• Plan and implement events related to student career readiness development and employer networking and engagement.
• Create initial and on-going professional development opportunities for coaches and advisors to ensure competencies in latest trends of career readiness preparation of at-risk college students.
• Master’s degree required in Human Resource Management, Workforce Education, College Student Counseling, Business, Marketing, or related field.
• Minimum ten years professional experience in employer cultivation engagement to include corporate recruiting, talent acquisition, human resources, sales and/or career development background.
• Knowledge of current career trends, market demands, internships and similar experiential programs.
• Demonstrated experience as a results-oriented leader skilled at building effective relationships and meeting outcome goals.
• Experience in working with diverse populations.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently develop and execute several key projects simultaneously against benchmarks and goals.
• Experience developing programs and events and supervising staff is required.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, social media, database systems required.
• Demonstrated effective communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal); ability to communicate with varied audiences and giving presentations.
• Experience in higher education is not required.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Internal Posting Form (Internal Applicants Only)